Archive for July 2010
An excerpt from our bookstore’s mantra:
As a company we strive to be as green as possible. Not only does it reduce cost, it also shows our love for the fabulous Mother Earth. This means:
• Limit your use of the lights. Besides using electricity, they also heat up the room.
• Limit your use of the A.C. If it gets too hot, open the doors and let the air in.
• Use the same glass when you drink water.
• Use 1 bucket per day to mope the door. At the end of the day, pour
the dirty water on the tree outside. It would appreciate that.
• Eat in instead of takeaway to reduce consumption of plastic cups and bags.
• Always ask customers if they need a bag. If they don’t, that is one plastic bag not used.
• If customer asks for a print out of the quote, ask him if it is possible to email the quote instead.
• Try to limit the use of paper. Make note with your laptop or cell phone instead.